Monday, February 22, 2010

The Things Kids Say...

UPDATE
When I dropped Brooklynn off at preschool today, there was a "kids quote" posted on the wall.  Apparently the teachers had been talking with Brooklynn about her nail polish and how pretty it was.  She was telling them that some of it had come off and then followed it up with,
"My mommy's nail polish stays on for a long time because she doesn't work very hard."


****************************************************************

* The name in the following conversation has been changed to protect my daughter from being outcast from her extended family.

Last Friday, I picked Logan up early from school and headed to the dentist for a long-overdue cleaning and exam (pictures on this visit to come on a later post).  I was talking on my cell phone...you're shocked, I know...when I heard a conversation arise from the back seat between Logan and Brooklynn.  Bits and pieces could be heard...words like "fat" and "that's not nice to say"...prompted me to quickly end my conversation so I could monitor what exactly was being said. 

Mom: speaking ever-so-casually...Soooo, what were you guys just talking about back there?!

Brooklynn:  We were talking about the different sizes and shapes that families come in!

Mom: Yes...that's right!  We are all different, huh?!

Logan: Yea, like some people are tall and some people are short...

Brooklynn: Uh-huh...like *Grandma Sally* she's the round circle in our family!

*******************************************************************

At the dentist's office the hygienist was showing the kids the proper way to brush their teeth using the over sized model.  She gave Brooklynn the giant toothbrush and asked her to demonstrate.  Brooklynn happily obliged while I snapped a few photos (did I mention that those are coming in a later post?!)

Hygienist: There is one more very important part that you need to make sure you brush really well each time...do either of you know what that part is?

Brooklynn: I know!  I always brush my lungs when I brush my teeth!

*******************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment